At Cary Street Veterinary Hospital, we are deeply committed to the health and well-being of our patients, clients and team members. We are closely following CDC, federal and local guidelines to practice social distancing. In an effort to remain open, while keeping our community and staff healthy, we have made the following changes:
- To keep the number of people at 10 or below in the building, the number of staff working at one time has been reduced.
- We are following an abbreviated schedule. M-F 8am till 6pm, closing from 12pm to 1pm for lunch.
- Our front doors are locked and we are offering curbside service only. Upon arrival, please remain in your car and call our clinic at 804 355 9144 so that we may assist you.
- We are still available to see our sick patients, however we will be practicing “hands’s free” medicine. We will have a team member bring your pet in the clinic and guardians will be asked to standby for a phone consultation with the veterinarian.
- We are asking that you reschedule any non urgent or wellness appointments until after mid-April. However, we do want to see our senior pets, who may need routine care to be able to monitor their medications and health conditions.
- We will see your pet if due for a rabies vaccine.
- We will also see puppies and kittens that are in the middle of a vaccine booster series. We feel that it is important to have them properly immunized.
- Please clean your leash, carrier, and collar as carefully as possible before arrival with an alcohol-based solution.
- If you are feeling ill, or you have been exposed to a known COVID 19 patient, or have recently traveled, we ask that you make arrangements for another family member or friend to bring your pet in to their scheduled appointment.
- We will bring your food and prescriptions to your car, call us upon arrival and a team member will bring out your items to you. If you would like, you may request that we leave them by the front door after your arrival.
- Payments will be made over the phone via credit card for services, food and medications.
- If you must come into the hospital, we ask that only one family member enter. Please use the sanitizing agents at the front desk and please respect the ‘social distancing’ recommendations by maintaining a distance of 6 feet from others and refrain from shaking hands.
Thank you for your understanding in the measures we have taken to remain open for your pet’s medical needs. We ask for your patience as we navigate our way through this and the impact it may have on our usual efficiency. This is an evolving public health issue and we must all be flexible and work together during this time of uncertainty. For updates, follow us on Facebook or download the PetDesk app. Together, we can work wisely to slow the spread.